Thursday, August 8, 2013

...to the reality of His Glory.

As our time here at Maria's comes to a close there is so much that I am challenged by. We have spent some of our time here going through "training," in which we learned so much about orphan care, including what we can do once we get home. Just from talking with all of you, I know there is a lot of people in my circle who are interested in orphans in some way. My hearts biggest desire is that God would touch your heart like he has touched mine through these kids. 

I know that a lot of you will want to here my story when I get home and I also know that I will not be able to convey to you the entirety of this experience. However, if any of you who are reading this blog want to hear about any of it, I would be thrilled to talk to you. A fair warning, your heart will be touched in some way. 

Last night I had a chance to catch some of the staff in their down time and ask them about how they do what they do. The coolest thing about the way they answered is that every bit of it was about the glory of God. One of the things said was the view it as an opportunity to be one of the last ones to care for a baby who is taking their last breathe, and that even though it is hard, they are given the strength by God to get through it. 

The thoughts that are swimming around in my head are "What's next?" How do I go home and live a life back at K-State that is not only glorifying to God but showing my heart for orphans and for China? I want to continue in this ministry and I want to convince people that this is a ministry they should come along side. So much that has to be processed through, so many stories to tell! Please be praying not only for me but for the whole team that we would really see the next step that God is has set before us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment