Wednesday, July 31, 2013

...to an Orphanage in China!

Tomorrow is the day! We fly out! In the midst of everything this morning I had to stop and just get away from it all. I took a short trip out to Manhattan Hill to spend some time with God and preparing for this trip(If you don't know what Manhattan Hill is, it is a great overlook of the city of Manhattan). I also had to stop to write this post because of the overwhelming support you all have given me.

As I was reading in Psalms this morning I was reminded how sovereign our God is. Around every corner God has, in some way, already paved the way before me. In fundraising, he totally provided even when my faith that he would started to waiver. He has time and time again shown me how amazing his love really is. He also used friends and family this summer to really pour out his love on me. I really can't even put into words how everything about this trip has fallen into place and it is so evident that it was all at the hand of God.

This is a shout out to all of my friends! Over this past week as I have been getting more and more excited, my friends have shared in that excitement with me. I have felt so overwhelmingly loved by my Christian community in ways I never could have imagined. I can't thank all of you enough for your support and prayers.

I have felt so much support and love by everyone I know as this trip has approached, so this is a shout out to all of those who helped, prayed, supported in any way!

I think I am almost all ready to go! I have a few more things to throw in the suitcase but after that I am out of here! I cannot wait to meet up with my team and serve God along side them! I am so thankful for this opportunity! Below are some prayer requests for my trip! To God be ALL the glory because HE is so amazingly Holy! (Sorry that this post jumps all over the place, if you can't tell I am a little excited and my mind is all over the place!)

Also, follow Show Hopes Blog to get more updates from my team along the way: http://showhope.org/category/show-hope-trips/

Prayer Requests:
-Unity among my team
-That God would set up divine appointments at every turn on this trip
-All of the travel will go smoothly and safely
-Humility for all of the team
-That God would continue to prepare our hearts
-Good health for all of the team members
-That above everything else, God would be glorified!
God time on Manhattan Hill 

The view form Manhattan Hill 

Almost read to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment